Miscanthus/CEEDS Development Project Manager
New Energy Farms is an Agricultural Technology company based in Canada and the UK, providing crop propagation solutions to advance the expansion of the use of perennial grasses for fuel, fibre and food uses.
An exciting opportunity to be part of a project expanding North American and UK Biomass production from perennial grasses. Based in Leamington, Ontario you would be part of a team of researchers conducting trials and testing new perennial energy grasses as well as developing the commercial market for these grasses.
As an expanding team, we are seeking a Miscanthus & CEEDS Development Project Manager, preferably with experience in horticulture or agriculture. We are looking specifically for a motivated and organized individual with experience in variety trials and plant propagation to co-ordinate and manage the North American Miscanthus and CEEDS Development program.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Maintain, propagate and conduct research activities on collection of perennial grasses and rhizomes
- Develop, co-ordinate and complete a range of indoor and open field activities independently and within a team
- Oversee trial activities in liaison with NEF UK research team to ensure the delivery of high-quality trials and data
- Report data within clear deadlines as defined by project
- Develop and record systems, and processes, complete and maintain regulatory records
- Procure, set up and maintain machinery and equipment
- Suggest improvements in equipment and practices where necessary
- Supervise and train staff on occasion.
- Process, package and ship orders
Skills and Qualifications
- Experience with field work and/or design of crop studies of trials.
- Ability to perform a wide range of field and greenhouse trial activities to a high standard and capable of working independently and unsupervised.
- Relevant farming, agriculture or horticulture experience.
- Good level of computer literacy, particularly use of Microsoft Excel, including a familiarity with Microsoft Office applications.
- Equally capable of working independently or as part of a team
- An ability to work in an office environment, in the greenhouse and out in the field
- High attention to detail
- Accurate record keeping
- Good literacy and numeracy skills
- Ability to report and present findings accurately
- Eagerness to learn and grow
- Driver’s License
- Ideally Diploma or Degree level Agriculture/Horticulture or Biology/Plant Physiology or equivalent practical experience
- Love of horticulture/agriculture and desire for job growth
- This is a fixed term contract up to 1 year, with possibility of promotion
- Confidentiality agreements will need to be signed (NDA)
- Hands-on year-round work
- May include some travel
- Located in Leamington, Ontario, Canada
Please send resumes to email@example.com