The Adecoagro plant (Ivinhema, MS) will receive ten of the first commercial hectares of the new technology, which will transform the way sugarcane is planted. The first commercial area is part of the more than 800 hectares of the product negotiated, in June 2019, with 25 sugar and alcohol groups, which represent 75% of the total area of plants in Brazil and will be the first to test the new technology on a large scale. “Emerald simplifies all stages of production, making the process leaner, more efficient, profitable and sustainable. Investment and operating expenses can be reduced by 90% ”, highlights Leandro Amaral, director of the Cana Business Unit at Syngenta. “We work with the main varieties of cane on the market. The expectation is that in 10 years the artificial seeds will be in 30% of the planted area of the plants ”, he completes.
- Syngenta inaugurates commercial planting of innovative technology for sugarcane
- Plene Emerald supply Brazil – A Forca da Simplificacao !
- NEF and MNL to collaborate on new energy grass propagation systems and varieties
- Canaonline – Plants formed with artificial seed cane show very encouraging results
- Carbon Credits for growing Miscanthus – Environmentally Correct Concepts (ECCI)